Click image for larger version
Product #: 7720
5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
40 B&W photos
Pub Date: 1999
From Its Humble Origins as a Railroad Construction Camp|
A Native smokehouse and a ranger cabin were the only buildings at the mouth of Ship Creek in 1914 when the Alaska Engineering Commission built the Alaska Railroad construction camp that named itself
"...Absorbing, entertaining, and meticulously researched..."
--George M. Sullivan, mayor of Anchorage, 1967-82
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Dr. Elizabeth "Betsy" Tower, a resident of Anchorage, retired from the public health field in 1986 and since then has pursued her love of history. She was named Alaska's Historian of the Year in 1986.