We encourage nonfiction proposals from Alaska and the Pacific Northwest.
Biographies and memoirs,
Life in the north
Native American culture
Recent releases have included Write Hard, Die Free, by Howard Weaver; Midnight Sun, Arctic Moon, by Mary Albanese;
Eskimo Star, by Lael Morgan; Bering Sea Blues, by Joe Upton, and The Fishes & Dishes Cookbook,
by Kiyo & Tomi Marsh, and Laura Cooper.
What we are looking for.
We seek well-written, fast-paced, absorbing, compelling, and entertaining nonfiction manuscripts
about life in Alaska and the Pacific Northwest, and exceptional content for gift books.
From the publisher's perspective, the best proposals are those that meet these criteria
and that are from writers who understand marketing and promotion and are willing to work
hard to assure commercial success for their book.
What we are NOT looking for.
We do not publish fiction, poetry, or children's titles. Multiple submissions are discouraged.
We are unable to accept e-mailed documents unless arrangements have been made in advance.
The ideal proposal consists of:
- A summary of the content.
- An introduction, outline, and three sample chapters, if available.
- A list of photos, illustrations, and other supporting materials available. Do not send original photos.
- A description of the target audience, marketing ideas, and an indication of how you would help promote the title.
- A description of competitive titles.
- Samples of previously published work, information on your professional background.
Enclose a SASE. We will make every effort to respond. Send your proposals to:
200 W 34th Ave. #825
Anchorage, AK 99503
No telephone inquiries please.